Monday, December 7, 2009

New Ideas For Book Cover.

The extracts that i have from the book confused me at first, they sound like different books. I then broke them down into sentences and words to see if I could find anything that would give me an idea for the cover. These are some parts of the extracts I picked out, that i could work on.
- bread
- my eyes and face assuming a vacant and preoccupied expression
- a good book
- sat in his hut
- nature
- writing table
- snuff box
- tooth in the corner of my jaw with a lump of crust
- prongs of his fork
- chewing
- i work in my bedroom
- propped by pillows in his bed in the white light of a incandescent petrol lamp
- pimples in his forehead
- pencil moved slowly across the ruled paper
- heavy smoker
- red swan hotel
- leap have i leaped from hill to hill
- hag
- leap
- skylight of the hostel
- a tall ivy-branch
- trees and the stags
- leafy-oak, clumpy-leaved
- the nut-smell of hazels
- faun, little long legs
- life looks black as the hour of night
- a pint of plain
- horse has also ran
- health is bad, ace is pale
- food is scarce, hunger grows
- you still can turn to a brighter life

I have had another idea for this book cover as my last ones were not that great. It is based on the author FlannO'Brien who seems to drink and sleep a lot. My idea came from the extracts: 'i work in my bedroom' and 'propped by pillows in his bed in the white light of a incandescent petrol lamp'. My idea is to take some photos in a bedroom with the bed in the bottom right corner so that there is a plain wall where the text can go, so it is easily seen. On the bed I will place a book and a pen on the pillow and some bottle of alcohol maybe in the bed with the covers slightly hiding it like it is kept there or I might place it propped up against the pillow so it is more visible. Also I thought I could have someone lying in the bed asleep clutching the bottle and the book slipping away. I will try both of these ideas and take lots of photos from different angles to see the which looks the best. For my lighting I will use the big light and also take the same shots with just a lamp to see the atmosphere, as well i could place the lamp in different places to see what looked visually the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment