Tuesday, December 1, 2009

First Photographs

These are a few photographs that I first took with a film camera to get an idea of what would work as a book cover. The two duck photos would probably work best as they have blocks of colour and the text would be more readable. The other photos are too busy for a book cover and the text wouldn't stand out as well.


I have placed the book cover template over my original photographs to see what works.
 
        


Out of these six covers i could use, I think number 3 makes the title standout the best, but i really like number 1. A problem i have come across is that the grey text is much harder to see on the photographs than the white text, so with my final cover i will have to make sure i pick a background that you can see both well on.


No comments:

Post a Comment